Short Video Competition: ION2 Expertise Area
22 Jul 2022 - 30 Sep 2022
A. Video preparation information/guidelines:
1. Technology/research products must have intellectual property rights (Patent/patent pending/copyright/trademark etc.).
2. Video content should be relevant to ION2’s expertise, especially in the field of Advanced Materials, Nanoscience, and Nanotechnology. Content examples are:
a) Technology videos/research products (summaries, problems, solutions to such problems, benefits, and applications of technology- must have the copyright to protect intellectual property)
b) Video of services offered/high-tech equipment.
3. Video content should be clear and concise (such as the concept of Three Minutes Thesis) but easily understood by the public.
4. Videos are encouraged to be presented in Malay, but English is also allowed. Use language that is easy to understand, does not offend public sensitivities, and is suitable for viewing by all walks of life.
5. Video recording and editing will be assisted by the Center for Strategic and Corporate Relations (PSPK).
6. Contestants need to identify the medium they want to upload the video (Facebook/ YouTube/ Instagram/ TikTok)
7. Participants need to prepare a ‘storyline’ for an estimated video duration of 1 - 1 minute 30 seconds.
8. Participants must inform the secretariat if they are ready with a complete storyline for the secretariat to book a meeting with the PSPK.
9. Video recording time is during working hours only and is subject to the PSPK’s vacancy schedules.
10. Competition date: 1st July 2022 to 30th September 2022.
B. Competition Eligibility
The competition is open to all staff, associate researchers & students of ION2 ONLY.
C. Terms and conditions of the competition
1. Participation can be done individually or in groups.
2. Participation is free.
3. Video content should be related to ION2’s expertise, especially in the field of Advanced Materials, Nanoscience, and Nanotechnology.
4. The video submission deadline is 30th September 2022 (11.59 pm). Late submitting of submission will not be entertained.
5. Participants must wear a polite dress code and be subjected to laboratory rules (complete PPE) if involving video in the laboratory.
6. Proof of submitting video submissions/entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the organiser. A formal confirmation letter of acceptance will be issued by the secretariat to the participants.
7. The Secretariat reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the requirements.
8. The decision of the Jury Panel is final. Any appeals/objections will not be entertained.
9. The copyright of the video submitted is the property of ION2. ION2 is free to use the entry video as display/promotional material on the website or other social media.
10. Entries can be sent via email or google drive folder sharing.
11. The completed entry form must be accompanied by:
i. Biodata of participant
ii. The declaration of original work
iii. Permission to ION2 to edit and use the video for public display/publicity.
Submission of entries and inquiries:
Secretariat of "Pertandingan Mencipta Video Kepakaran ION2"
Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
(C/C: Pn. Hanim Haizum)
Phone: 03- 9769 8462
Updated:: 26/07/2022 [roslina_ar]